The City Practices stream (Strategies and tools for driving change) includes policy and practice workshops and masterclasses on zero carbon cities; climate resilient cities; citizen engagement; and planning and governance.
Key speakers within the City Practices stream include:
- Reuben Berg, Director, Indigenous Architecture and Design Victoria
- Eli Court, Adam Majcher & Scott Ferraro, Climate Works
- Thomas Elmqist, Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Julia Grant, Director, Climate Change, South Australian Government
- Bjorn Hugosson, Executive Officer, City of Stockholm
- Toby Kent, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Melbourne
- Stan Krpan, CEO, Sustainability Victoria
- John Mauro, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Auckland
- Luke Menzel, CEO, Energy Efficiency Council, Sustainability Victoria
- Nicola Murphy, Head of Environmental Sustainability, NAB
- Vanessa Petrie, CEO, Beyond Zero Emissions
- Andrew Petersen, CEO, Sustainable Business Australia
- Rob Turk, Environment and Sustainability Leader, ARUP
- Kate Vinot, Director, City Strategy and Place, City of Melbourne
- Prof Carolyn Whitzman, University of Melbourne
The City Practices concurrent session program contains the below master classes that require pre-registration via the online registration form:
- Session 5O and 6O: Melbourne Water: Shaping the Ecocity through a Culture of Innovation
- Session 7N: Collaborative Governance for Urban Development
If you have already registered and wish to register to attend one of these master classes please contact the Summit Office. Please note places are limited so we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment.
The full City Practices concurrent session program can be found below (click on the images to enlarge) or click on ‘View the City Practices Concurrent Sessions’ to download a copy of this program.
Please be advised the program is subject to change without notice.