THE CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS is now closed
ECOCITY 2017 has received an outstanding number of submissions which are currently under review. Authors will be sent notification on 10 March 2017.
ECOCITY 2017 will address the unprecedented ecological, economic, political and cultural challenges – and opportunities – facing the world’s cities through a focus on six major themes:
- Climate and energy transformations
- Food and water security
- Smart cities for people
- Healthy and caring cities
- Culturally vibrant cities
- Governance, infrastructure and finance
The Summit program will address three core questions in relation to each of these themes.
- Understanding: What are the key sustainability and resilience risks and opportunities facing cities? What are the key sources and drivers of these risks and opportunities?
- Imagining: How can we imagine and communicate sustainable and resilient city futures and pathways?
- Creating: What actions are required to drive the rapid and just transitions required to create resilient and sustainable cities?
There are two submission tracks available for consideration:
- Academic presentation contributions will be double blind peer reviewed. Selected authors will be invited to submit a full paper for presentation at the Summit.
- Academic poster contributions will be double blind peer reviewed. Posters accepted will need to be displayed for the duration of the Summit
Along with individual submissions, we are also interested in group submissions that propose multiple contributions in the one session. The standard format for a session will be 3 papers at 20 minutes in length followed by 30 minutes of discussion. Variations from this format can be proposed and will be considered on a case by case basis. To submit a group submission for more than 1 presenter, please use the dedicated template noted below in Step 1.
In the submission process, you’ll be asked to nominate the theme you wish your work to be considered under and the preferred style of presentation. All contributions and proposals should be no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words and will need to clearly specify the Summit Themes and Questions which they are seeking to address.
See instructions below to make an Academic Track submission.
City Practices track
We also welcome proposals to the City Practices Track. This track will be targeted to city government and community practitioners, with delegates being actively involved in the sessions. It will address the Summit themes broadly whilst focusing on the following topics:
- Building zero carbon cities
- Creating climate resilient cities
- Engaging and involving citizens and communities
- Planning and governance for Ecocities
These proposals will not be formally peer reviewed but will be considered for inclusion in the program by the Summit Organising Committee.
In the submission process, you’ll be asked to nominate the following:
- the theme topic and format you wish your work to be considered under
- whether you would like to contribute to a session or lead the development of the whole session
- your organisation and/or affiliation
- an outline for the session/presentation including objectives, key questions being addressed, content, desired take-aways
- ideal venue format
- your credentials (capability and experience) for the session and they preferred style of presentation
All contributions and proposals should be no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words and will need to clearly specify the Summit Themes and Questions which they are seeking to address.
See instructions below to make a City Practices submission.
- Call for proposals and registrations open: 1 July 2016
- Extended deadline for submitting contributions: 17 February 2017
- Announcement of successful proposals: 10 March 2017
- Early bird registrations closes: 31 March 2017
- Deadline for confirming participation: 31 March 2017
- Publication of initial program: 28 April 2017
- Ecocity World Summit Summit: 12-14 July 2017
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTION SUBMISSION
Contribution submission is a three step process:
Download the appropriate template, save it to your desktop and complete it:
- Academic Track Template
- Academic Track Group Contribution Template (to be used for more than one presenter)
- City Track Template
Use the appropriate template to present your submission in the required format. Contributions not submitted using this template will be returned for correction.
- Contributions must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document
- Submission text must be in Arial, 12pt size, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your submission text should be no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words, including references
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the submission, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the submission.
- Delete all text in red when you have completed this template
- After completing the submission template, move onto step 2
Creating an account/logging into the Presentation Portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload a submission. To begin, select the track you wish to submit to and click on the appropriate button below . Once you have done this and you have not previously submitted a contribution, please click “Create New Account”. Your contact details will be required to create the account. Once you’ve created an account within this portal you can upload submissions, download the contribution submission template, view the terms and conditions and later register for the Summit and review the Speaker Briefing Notes.
Submitting your Contribution
Click on “Contribution Submission.” You will be required to provide the nominated details prior to uploading the submission file.
- All submissions must be prepared according to the template provided in the Presentation Portal. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online contribution submission form must be completed.
- If you do not see the Submit button appear on the screen when you are ready to submit please go back to the Review section which will highlight in red the missing information you need to complete before submitting.
- If you need to make any changes to successfully submitted contributions, including replacing the contribution, please email the Program Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to access your Presentation Portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing submissions until 17 February 2017. After this date, submissions will be published exactly as they have been received; there will be no opportunity for amendments from the close of submissions on 17 February 2017.
- Contributions must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
Submission of your contribution/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms & Conditions as outlined on the website and the Presentation Portal.
CONTRIBUTIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 17 FEBRUARY 2017.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSION
You are required to double check your contribution has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Summit Office via T: +61 3 9645 6311 or E: email@example.com
SUBMISSION REVIEW NOTIFICATION
Review notification will be communicated to the corresponding authors on 10 March 2017.
Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the nominated main contact for your submission. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters.
SUBMISSION PRESENTER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit a contribution does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Summit. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants. All presenters must register for the Summit by 31 March 2017 in order for the presentation to be included in the Summit Program.
PRESENTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure you have read all the terms and conditions of submitting a contribution which are located on the Presentation Portal before making your submission.
For any enquiries regarding contribution submission please contact the Summit Office: